21 Ways to Turn your Family from Good to Great
One week ago I hung up the phone with a mother who was one of my former clients. In a frantic voice she said to me, “I can’t focus on coaching right now. I’m in survival mode.” I felt sad because I knew, and she knew there were several things she wanted to work on. And in survival mode, it probably wasn’t going to happen. Sadly, a lot of families operate in survival
mode. Life is “okay” or “good”, but it’s not “great”. Here are 21 ways to turn your family from good to great:
- Be proactive and take 100% responsibility – no more reactivity.
- Know your family purpose and become purpose-driven.
- Develop your parent leadership skills.
- Clarify your family values and walk your talk.
- Build a vision for your family.
- Create a team atmosphere in your family.
- Create a family mission statement.
- Get to know your children, and stay connected to them.
- Shift the mindset to gain cooperation in the home.
- Learn to communicate for results.
- Establish and enforce house rules that honor your family values.
- Create routines that organize and simplify your family life.
- Teach and shepherd your children vs. Discipline
- Evaluate the present moment to minimize stress.
- Understand and respond to the cycle of change.
- See problems as opportunities and develop problem solving skills.
- Create a healthy physical environment for your family.
- Foster a healthy emotional environment for your family.
- Make your marriage the glue that holds the family together.
- Increase the family fun factor.
- Institute regular family meetings.
All of these topics are covered in great detail in the Quick Family Makeover 21 Day Home Study Program. Turn your family from ordinary to extraordinary!